I spent an entire day making cakes. I attempted to make a Barbie doll cake for Eli's best friend in his class, who shared the same birthday. I ended up having to make two cakes for the skirt to be long enough and two cakes for Eli when I broke one of them. Fortunately, the young women in my ward were interested in decorating the doll cake and when right to work on it. The little girl loved it and was so proud to show her class.
I admit, with the pressure of getting them done, I might have been a little stressed (ok, it was a total breakdown). I was ready to cry when I broke the blue one seen in the picture, I was near tears. I asked Eli if he was ok with that. His response floored me. He turned to me with wisdom way beyond his years and said "Mom, What's Important?" Startled, I asked him what was important. He responded, again with maturity and said, "Mom, I love you. That's important." I was so inspired by his attitude, that I just made another cake. Everything turned out just fine.
Wednesday, December 11, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment