BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Resurrection

Today was a very challenging Sabbath as seen in the picture below, but not without it's rewards.  The children were very irreverent during Sacrament meeting and so I grabbed Riley and put her on my lap and whispered to her that she needed to think about Jesus.  I told her that Jesus loves her and loves Eli and that she has a body just like Jesus and many other things about Jesus.  When we came home, we made the kids practice how to be reverent at church. 
Being that it was Easter, Riley and Eli learned about the Resurection and that we can live again.  It brought joy to my heart to hear her say that becuase a few weeks before, she kept asking about my Grandpa Jansen.  He died March 2009, much too young for Riley to remember.  However, she is very curious about death.  One particular day, she kept telling me, with tears down her cheeks, that if Mommy died, then she will never see me again.  I tried to teach her that because of our Savior Jesus Christ, we will see each other again.  It was difficult for her mind to comprehend and at the time, she didn't get it.  I put her down for a nap and took it to the Lord.  I prayed for a way for her to learn it and for some reason, she came home from Primary, understanding the Resurection.  She knew that Jesus lived again and was no longer dead. 
Toward the end of the day, she stood on a stool and taught Cinderella and Jake (and the Neverland Pirates) about the Resurection.  She told them that Jesus loves Riley, Jesus loves Eli, Jesus Loves Jake, Jesus loves Izzy, and Jesus loves Cinderella.  She told them that Jesus was Resurected and that Jesus is Risen and lives again. 

0 comments: