Sunday, September 22, 2013
She is a Child of God
Every 6 months, it's time to attend Stake Conference. This time, our stake president spoke about a time in which he visited a ward and during Sacrament, the child started singing "I am a Child of God." The mother hushed the child, but the spirit was already felt. He was impressed that the parents would teach such a young child such a wonderful song and that the child recognized that the sacrament was a time to feel the spirit. My husband and I are not absolutely sure, but we believe the child was Riley because she has done this before and many of our ward members came up to us after his talk and asked if it was us. It doesn't matter if it was Riley or not, but it does matter that she learns spiritual songs. Because of this story, I don't hush her if she wants to sing spiritual songs during the Sacrament.
Posted by Jenifer K at 5:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment