This picture is an old one, but it depicts the following events so well. Today, I got to help with Eli's primary class. I geared him up for it by telling him the day before. At first he didn't like the idea and told me that primary is his time. It was only rough at first and then after a few consequences, he was really good, other than pestering the secretary for another talk. We told him he has to wait for his birthday. He was a bit it restless at the rejection, but one he realized his friend Kyle was giving a talk, he sat and listened very intently. Kyle told of a story about a little pioneer boy who donated his wagon to use for the building of the temple. Eli started crying and would not calm down. I had to take him outside and explain to him the importance of temples. He still wouldn't calm down until I told him that the wagon was used to carry stuff for the temple and when they were done, the little boy could get it back. He was okay at this notion and went back to class.
Sunday, July 22, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment